Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oct 9,2008

Yes, a pond, a large pond of around 10 acres,maybe more ,dad made it in 1960 ,same as me. It was located right beside our new brick home that my dad had built in 1963-64 . When we moved into this nice large 4 bedroom ,2 bath and a basement home, it was around the first part of 1964 , by October of that same year my mother would leave us behind and start herself a new life.
The youngest I was, at almost 5 years old , and my oldest sibling , a sister , was 15 years.
So there we were, me at 4, my brother at 6, a 9 ,14 and 15 year old sister, left behind with my
dad. It was a good 2 years before we saw our mother, other than that wispy good by, but that's another day and another story.................
Oh, before I forget ,the train. It ran right along side our property between us and a highway.
When that train went by it would make the windows rattle, horns blowing ,and after a while
it was so normal, you didn't even hear it........................

No comments: