Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14, 2008 full moon

Mother goes to Texas with one of my Daddy's workers? Yes that's right, up until they left together, he was an employee of my fathers. Wow, sure sounds bad reading that. We all have faults, and reasons for staying and reasons for leaving, I know she had hers. None of this was simple, and most of our questions have never and will never be answered. This is life...........

THE ABANDONMENT,
That was another story in it's own...Sometime in October of 1964 my siblings and I ,went to the
Drive-IN-Movie with our Mother, Daddy didn't go. Anyway that's when it happened..... my oldest sister was 15 and I was the youngest at 4,, Mother left us in the car saying she was going to the bathroom, never to return... a while later, my father came and got us... That was that, that's how she made her big escape from that 17 year marriage and 5 kids... and that sounds even worse when I read it.. but THAT'S LIFE TOO.
It is part of my life , but I won't allow it to be my life's story.. I joke sometimes and say she left because she knew that I was going to be a handful, I mean really, the year before she left, I managed to get bitten by a rattlesnake, yes, RATTLESNAKE , and I also managed to get my heel cut of in Bicycle spokes. ALL TRUE!
OH, by the way, 2 weeks after the Movie thing, she did come back long enough to say good bye to us. She also gave my oldest sister a letter of explanation , I have to this day , not been allowed to read!! (pisses me off) What ever.. it makes no difference at this point. done , over, that's Life.......................You know this all sounds so bad, but it really makes not much difference,
just makes me stronger and more understanding of people and mistakes and decisions.

SO, Now, what did my daddy do? Well he married one of the girls he had been dating off and on throughout the last oh, I don't know, probably 5 or 10 years of his marriage. Yes, that is more than likely part of my mothers reason for leaving , and I bet he had reasons for cheating. . We all have our Reasons... I don't know the reasons for either of them, and it really doesn't matter, this is my life that was dealt to me and I choose to get stronger and be happy. THIS IS NOT MY STORY, AT THIS POINT , IT IS THEIR STORY.
NEXT TIME, we can learn more about my step mom, boy did she really walk into a web... at around 24 years old , she gained not only a husband , but 5 children to go with her only child. SURPRISED, MORE THAN LIKELY,,.......................just to let you know, she is at this point in my life , a mom to me.

This is a changed thing, I have found that even though I thought she was like a mom, I was
mistaken, a friend maybe , but not really a mom. She let me know that she only "loves and caress about her son ,my half brother. (added 5-14-2010)

I have ,since the posting of this in Oct.2008, been given a copy of "The letter" from my eldest sister, and I in turn made copies for all of my sibs......
I cried and got mad at her, but after a month or so, understand why she kept it hidden for all the years.... it was written by someone that was confused, and upset... and it really does not explain why she didn't stay a part of her childrens lives... I have always said,, "it's not the mistakes we make in our lives, It's what we do afterwards " , and she didn't do much to make a relationship with any of us.. the opposite was the real truth... sorry Mother. May 14,2010.

No comments: